|Thanksgiving Day Thursday, November 25th
||Banks and Journey are closed. Move your payroll input date back by one full business day.
|Day After Thanksgiving Friday, November 26th
||Journey is open but closes at 12:00 p.m. MST. Deadline to submit is 1:00 p.m. on Wednesday, November 24th instead of 1:00 p.m. MST on Friday, November 26th for a Tuesday, November 30th check date.
|Submission Deadline Friday, December 10th
||Deadline to have information updates submitted to Journey.
|Christmas Eve Observed Friday, December 24th
||Journey is open but closes at 12:00 p.m. MST. Due to our processing bank’s early closure, no submittals received after 5:00 p.m. MST Thursday, December 23rd can be processed for a Tuesday, December 28th check date.
|Christmas Day Observed Saturday, December 25th
||Journey and Banks are closed.
|Final Payroll Deadline Wednesday, December 29th
||1:00 p.m. MST is the deadline to submit any payrolls to run for Friday, December 31st (last pay date of 2021).
Special Payroll Requests
Insurance and Benefits
- ✓All W-2s and annual filings will be prepared with your legally-registered business address. If your address has changed, please contact your Payroll Specialist immediately.
- ✓Review payroll and owner’s contact information to make sure they are up to date.
Rate & Deposit Frequency
- ✓Any unemployment rate or frequency changes for 2022 should be sent to your local Journey.
- ✓Verify contract workers (1099s), current and past employee (W2) names, addresses, and social security numbers. Missing or invalid information is subject to government penalties.
- ✓All relevant payments that were issued to employees that have not been included with previous payrolls need to be submitted.
- ✓The amount the employer paid towards each individual employee’s health insurance must be reported on the W-2’s for ACA compliance.
S Corporation 2% Shareholders Health Insurance
- ✓The cost of premiums provided to any 2% shareholders must be reported as income on the shareholder W-2’s.
- ✓Please advise your Payroll specialist ASAP if you plan to run an extra bonus payroll, as the processing amount may have special ACH guidelines.
Any bonuses totaling $30,000 and above have longer processing guidelines per our ACH processing bank. Please contact your Payroll Specialist immediately if you have bonuses over $30,000.
Link to PDF