We understand that a happy team makes happy clients.
The Journey began in 2010 (see what we did there) when Kevin Welch and Sue Shirley asked the important questions: What is a payroll service, and what is the best payroll service in the industry? The answers were simple, at least to Kevin and Sue. It was them and their belief in people like them.
First, they committed to keeping service above everything else. Sure, they could just offer great technology at better prices, but does that matter if the relationship isn’t a priority? Not really. Service would be the seed for the thriving culture they have successfully developed.
Every Journey Team Member abides by this culture, and you can expect above and beyond service from every single person.
It’s what we do every day, by following Kevin and Sue’s original plan for creating the best payroll service.
- Every Journey team member treats the company as if it were their own.
- Think like an owner—and find joy in what you do—every single day.
- Transparency is important. If you make a mistake, own it. Same goes for victories. Don’t sacrifice the big picture for short-term gains; the future is always in our sights.
- We employ state-of-the-art HR and online payroll processing technology. The right tools help us to be responsive and agile.
- Care about each other. It’s not about bean bag chairs in the corner of the office or another fancy tagline. We mean it when we call ourselves a family.
- Give back. Without community, we wouldn’t be what we are today. Supporting the communities that support us is critical to all the Journey shareholders.
- Bring value to everything we do: value in customer service and value in setting extremely fair prices.
By answering the original question, ‘what is the best payroll service,’ Journey has not only established this culture, but as one, we’ve thrived from it.