1. After you login click your initials in the top right-hand corner and then click on “Update your federal tax allowances (W4).”
2. First, select the correct filing status from the three options in the dropdown menu.
3. After selecting your status, notate if you are exempt from federal withholding. A description will pop up to ensure you’re meeting both criteria for exemption.
4. Next, you will notate whether or not you have more than one job, or if you are married filing jointly. If you select “yes,” a description will pop up to ensure you’re making the correct selection.
5. Next, you’ll notate whether or not your income is greater than $200,000 ($400,000 for married filing jointly).
5. You’ll then enter the number of dependents you have under and over the age of 17. The number next to “Total Dependent Amount” will calculate according to the number of dependents. If you enter “0” for both, this number will remain “0.”
6. Next, enter the dollar amount of additional income (NOT from an additional job) and non-standard withholdings.
7. Finally, you can enter a dollar amount you’d like withheld IN ADDITION to your calculated withholding. If you’re unsure whether or not you should withhold an additional amount, use the “IRS Estimator” link.
8. The Signature section will auto-fill if you’ve already signed documents within HUB Onboarding. If not, you’ll be prompted for a new drawn or typed signature.
9. Once you save & continue, you’ll see an overview of your selections. There is also a PDF you can download and save if you’d prefer. Your progress will show 50% until the new withholding selections are submitted for Admin approval.
10. Check the box to authorize your submission, and click the “complete” box. If you need to correct anything on your form, click the “I need to start over” button on the right-hand side. If you don’t need to update your W-4 Withholdings and would like to delete the draft, click the “remove this task” button.
11. After clicking “complete,” the task is submitted to your Admin for approval. If you check back and your W-4 does not show your updated withholdings, check-in with the Admin of your company and see if they’ve approved your changes. Journey and your Payroll Specialist will NOT receive your updates until your Admin has approved the changes. Your paycheck will also not reflect changes until approved.