There is nothing ordinary about Journey Payroll & HR — our explosive growth, industry accolades, or our enviable client retention rate. At Journey, we don’t just follow best practices; we create them. We’d rather be the best customer service organization that does payroll, instead of a payroll company that includes customer service. We don’t stop there though. We are also a company that values and embraces technology, innovation, and change. When you take the best service, and you add the best technology, you create the best journey.
The benefits of being part of our team aren’t ordinary either. We offer some of the usual benefits others do — although our contributions to insurance and 401k are typically richer. Journey offers benefits you won’t find elsewhere. Unlimited PTO, yearly personal anniversary trip reimbursements, and self-administered quarterly bonus are just a few of our unique benefits.
Does all of this sound too good to be true? Trust us, it’s not. We understand that to attract the best talent, we need to give our best in return. All we ask is that you give the dedication and service we expect from the A+ players already on our team. The types of people that join our team are not ordinary either.
Teamwork is an integral part of our day to day at Journey. We expect each team member to put the team ahead of their personal agendas. When anyone needs assistance, we all jump in to help when we can.
Our company culture is of the utmost importance to us. Employees are our most valuable asset and we know we wouldn’t be where we are without them. For this reason, we strive for a harmonious culture that makes every employee feel their value. Journey takes the term “work family” to heart. If this type of work ethic, heart, and dedication sound familiar to you — please apply to one of our positions.
Please visit Our Open Door page for jobs in Colorado.
Phoenix, AZ: Payroll Specialist
There is nothing ordinary about Journey Payroll & HR — our explosive growth, our industry accolades, or our enviable client retention rate. At Journey, we don’t just follow best practices; we create them. We’d rather be seen as the best customer service organization that does payroll, rather than just a payroll company that does customer service. We don’t stop there though. We are also a company that values and embraces technology, innovation, and change. When you take the best service, and you add the best technology, you create the best journey.
There is nothing ordinary about the benefits of being part of our team. We offer some of the typical benefits others do — though our contribution to insurance and 401k are typically richer. We also offer benefits you won’t find elsewhere, such as unlimited PTO, yearly personal anniversary trip reimbursements, and self-given quarterly bonus. Some of these benefits are so far outside the norm that you’ll either have to think about them some or ask for an explanation.
There is also nothing ordinary about the kind of people who join our team. Our Payroll Specialists love to provide fantastic service. They understand the nuts and bolts of payroll. They know that while delivering amazing service, they must also be efficient and positive. They are knowledgeable of all Journey service offerings. They manage client relationships as a trusted, competent advisor.
Our Payroll Specialist Requirements:
- Possess superior client service skills and meticulous attention to detail;
- Experience in Payroll, and excited to stay on the front line of the Payroll Industry;
- Communicate well, both in written and spoken forms;
- Put the team ahead of their personal agendas;
- Are cheerleaders, encouraging others to do well and celebrating when they do;
- Love new technology and are quick to adapt to it;
- Possess a high level of emotional intelligence, shown in their compassion and empathy;
- Value the intrinsic rewards of self-motivation, initiative, personal growth, and continuous improvement more than all the cool extrinsic rewards we give them; and
- Know how to be positive and lead with a smile.
This is not the right opportunity for those who:
- Complain about our clients, gossip about team members, or play the blame game;
- Fail to hold themselves personally accountable for their performance;
- Lack a sense of urgency or move at a slow, methodical pace;
- Struggle with or resist change;
- Are self-focused rather than client-focused; or who
- Can’t empathize with the unspoken and often unanticipated needs of busy clients.
Pay Rate and Benefits:
- Competitive Compensation
- Paid Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- Rotating 4-5 day work weeks during non-busy season
If you are interested in joining the Journey team, please apply here.