E-Verify, the electronic employment eligibility verification service, is unavailable due to the Government shut down. The E-Verify website will remain disabled until DHS is funded by Congress.
During the shutdown, the E-Verify website will not allow employers to:
- enroll in the program
- access their E-Verify accounts
- create a case, view or take action on any case
- add, delete or edit accounts
- reset passwords or edit company information
- terminate accounts or run reports
Also, employees will not be able to access their myE-Verify accounts.